This policy describes what personal information we collect and how we use it.
Our Commitment to You
Acceptance of Terms
Information We Collect
Animal Cancer Foundation collects information when you visit our website, or use features on the platform to donate. Some of this information is technical information automatically logged by the servers. Outlined below are the types of information, both directly from you and indirectly through the collection of information by third-party service providers (together, “Partners”) that we specifically collect.
You authorize us to use, store and otherwise process any personal information which relates to and identifies you, including (but not limited to) your name and address, to the extent reasonably necessary to provide the services which are available through our website, our Partners, successors, assignees, associates, sub-contractors, or other third parties.
Examples of different purposes for which we may collect Personal Information include, but are not limited to:
- Use of areas of the Animal Cancer Foundation website, in which you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number and personal connection to cancer.
- Donations made directly to Animal Cancer Foundation and made through resources including Softerware (DonorPerfectOnline), SafeSavePayments, WorldPay, NetworkforGood and Classy Inc. from which we collect Personal Information such as your name, billing address, and email address. If you have not already provided these details. We collect information about your donation, including the amount of your donation. We also collect (but do not retain) credit card numbers or bank account ACH transfer information which are processed by a third-party vendor subject to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards. By using a third-party vendor, your information is subject to use based on the vendor’s terms of service and policies. Animal Cancer Foundation encourages you to review these policies carefully;
- Transactional data is used to acknowledge receipt of your donations(s) for tax purposes and to include you on the Foundation’s mailing list, unless you opt out of such communication. When you send a donation in honor or in memory of someone and request that an acknowledgement be sent to another individual, we will use the name and address of that individual for acknowledgement purposes only.
- Job applications.
- Periodically, Animal Cancer Foundation may invite you to participate in completing online surveys.
- Contact you regarding your donation(s), as to the quality of service, as well as any potential errors that may have occurred.
- Voluntary submissions to Animal Cancer Foundation requesting information, signing up to receive information from us, or sending us an email.
- Email subscriptions. Animal Cancer Foundation may also compile a subscription list to which you voluntarily submit your name, mailing address, and/or email address. The purpose of such a subscription list would be to send you periodic updates to subscribers based on matters of interest, provided you will have the ability to opt out of further communications in accordance with procedures to be described in each such update.
In addition to the Personal Information, we and our Partners may collect additional information that does not personally identify you (“Other Information”). Other information may include information collected:
- From Your Activity. Information that we and our Partners may automatically collect when you visit, access and/or use the Platform, including, but not limited to your IP address, Internet service provider, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLS, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, which sections of the Animal Cancer Foundation or Partner website you visit, number of links you click while on the Platform, search terms, operating system, general geographic location, and technical information about a mobile device.
- Do Not Track (“DNT”. Animal Cancer Foundation assumes no responsibility for responding to “Do Not Track” web browser signals. Consult external website policies regarding their responses to DNT signals.
Partners include, but are not limited to:
- Softerware. https://www.donorperfect.com/company/privacy-policy
Search Engines and Other Sites
Search engines and other sites not affiliated with Animal Cancer Foundation, such as google.com, may crawl the Site and make available to the public publicly-available content and postings from the site. The Site may also contain links to other websites. Animal Cancer Foundation is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites. Animal Cancer Foundation encourages its visitors and users to be aware of such search engines and other sites when they leave the Site and to read the privacy statement of each website they visit.
How We Use and Share Information
We use Personal Information and Other Information to provide you Services, process your donations, solicit your feedback, inform you about our services, personalize communications and fundraising appeals that we believe will be of interest to you, and to improve our Services to you.
We may also use and/or share Personal Information, Other Information, and User Content as described below:
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance and customer services. These other companies will have access to Personal Information and Other Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Personal Information and the Other Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property or safety of Animal Cancer Foundation or others.
Accessing and Modifying Information and Communication Preferences
Upon request, Animal Cancer Foundation will grant individuals reasonable access to Personal Information that we and our hold about them. For example, visitors to the Platform who have provided Personal Information to us may review and/or make changes to the same by contacting Animal Cancer Foundation. In addition, individuals may manage their receipt of marketing communications by clicking the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Animal Cancer Foundation marketing e-mail or by following instructions found on the Platform. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscriber databases.
How We Protect the Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect Personal Information and Other Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information that you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Platform may not be secure, and you should, therefore, take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
Important Notices to Non-U.S. Residents
- Postal mail to: Animal Cancer Foundation, 1129 Northern Blvd., Ste. 404, Manhasset, NY 11030
Our intent is to reply promptly to every message we receive.