Policy, Criteria and Guidelines for Third-Party Fundraisers and Promotions
What constitutes third-party fundraising or promotions?
Third-party fundraising or promotions are events, point of sale programs or other promotional activities that aim to benefit Animal Cancer Foundation but are sponsored by a person, company or organization that is not an Animal Cancer Foundation affiliate.
How can a third-party fundraiser obtain permission to fundraise or promote on Animal Cancer Foundation’s behalf?
Individuals, corporations or 501(c)(3) organizations are required to obtain written permission from Animal Cancer Foundation prior to planning or publicizing any event that will be promoted as benefitting Animal Cancer Foundation. To ensure the integrity of our affiliated activities, please note that the use of any Animal Cancer Foundation logo without consent will be considered unauthorized.
What is the process for obtaining approval to host a third-party fundraising event or promotion?
Applicants should complete a Third-Party Fundraising and Promotions Application and submit for approval at least two months prior to the planned event date. How are gifts from a third-party fundraiser or promotion recognized? Recognition for the sponsoring group’s donation will be in accordance with the established donor recognition guidelines of Animal Cancer Foundation.
What are the conditions for Animal Cancer Foundation’s approval of a third-party fundraiser or promotion?
Third-party fundraiser events should be consistent with the mission, values and branding of Animal Cancer Foundation. To promote such consistency, we reserve the right to:
- Refuse involvement and/or refuse the use of our name for any event that does not meet our express approval.
- Terminate support for any third-party fundraiser that does not abide by the policies, criteria and guidelines set out in this agreement of Animal Cancer Foundation, without any liability or obligation.
- Decline an external fundraising proposal if the proposal competes with Animal Cancer Foundation’s funded research or community outreach priorities.
What are the criteria for approval of a third-party fundraiser or promotion?
Animal Cancer Foundation will approve a third-party fundraising event and sign the agreement with providers based on compliance with the following:
- Consistency of the third-party fundraiser with Animal Cancer Foundation’s mission, values and brand.
- Reasonable expectations that the third-party event will generate net revenue.
- Positive marketing/public relations exposure consistent with the Animal Cancer Foundation brand.
- Approval by Animal Cancer Foundation of any co-beneficiary.
How Animal Cancer Foundation can help with your event or promotion:
- Advise on guidelines and protocols and offer advice on event-planning.
- Approve the use of the Animal Cancer Foundation name in connection with your event.
- Provide a letter of authentication to be used to validate the authenticity of the event and its organizers.
- Depending on timing and nature, Animal Cancer Foundation may be able to include announcements on an events calendar and/or on social media.
In order to accommodate the supporters engaged with Animal Cancer Foundation, and to comply with federal and state regulations, there are necessary limitations to the types of involvement and support Animal Cancer Foundation can provide to third-party fundraisers. These are some of the types of support Animal Cancer Foundation cannot provide to third-party fundraisers:
- Provide staff or volunteer support for your event or promotion
- Provide the Animal Cancer Foundation tax exemption number for making any purchases
- Provide funding or reimbursement for any expenses incurred
- Provide insurance or liability coverage (it is incumbent on organizer to check local and state regulations)
- Provide mailing lists and/or email lists of donors, board members, staff or vendors
- Permit the use of any Animal Cancer Foundation logo(s) on your event or
- promotion materials
- Create marketing materials to promote events or promotions
- Provide Animal Cancer Foundation stationery or giveaway items
- Guarantee attendance of board members or staff at the event or promotion
- Solicit for sponsorships, cash donations or in-kind donations
- Sign vendor contracts
TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TO BECOME A FUNDRAISING PARTNER FOR ACF, PLEASE DOWNLOAD AND COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING FORM:
Have more questions? Give us a call at 516-858-4960 or email us: email@example.com
Animal Cancer Foundation | 191 Main Street #225 | Port Washington NY 11050