ALL APPLICATIONS ARE DUE ON SUNDAY, JANUARY 27, 2019 BY 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time
Funding decisions will be made through peer review to be announced June 2019.
Eligibility: Investigators representing non-profit academic research centers worldwide are eligible to apply. Research scientists, MDs, DVMs, PhDs in fields relevant to comparative oncology may apply.
Proposal Format: This proposal should be written on 8.5 x 11 inch paper with a minimum of ¾ inch margins; single spaced using no smaller than an 11-point font (Times, Times New Roman or Arial font preferred) and is page limited where noted.
The order of the written proposal should follow the outline described below. Omissions shall be considered grounds for disqualification from review.
- Proposal Title
- Principal Investigator, Co-Principal Investigator, and Co-Investigator(s) – name, degree and position.
- Contact Information – mailing address, email, and telephone and fax numbers for Principal Investigator
- Institutional Representative – Contact information and check information in the event of award
- Amount request
- Abstract, including statement of near-term benefit (one paragraph)
- Hypothesis and specific aims (limit 1 page)
- Preliminary data (limit 2 pages)
- Study design (limit 2 pages)
- Facilities and equipment (limit 1 page) Availability of necessary facilities and equipment to complete the proposed study should be documented. If more than one institution is involved, a letter of willingness to collaborate from the outside institution must be included as an attachment
- Budget (limit 1 page) to include Direct & Indirect Costs & Itemized Budget Justification (for example, Salary, Supplies, Clinical Tests, Drug Administration, Sample Collection, Correlative Studies, etc. as applicable). Budget NOT to exceed $50,000 total.
- Bio-graphical sketch of Principal Investigator (limit 1-2 pages) to include name, position title, education/training, institutional affiliations with location, degrees, years and fields of study, current role, positions & honors limited to on or after 2008, selected peer review publications (*Due to changes to the NIH Bio-Sketch requirements, researchers may send their current 4-5 pg. biosketch if that is more convenient; neither page limit is mandatory over the other for this year).
- Other Support (no page limit): Other support for Principal Investigator. Include all financial support (e.g., federal, nonfederal, commercial, institutional) currently available in support of the investigator’s research program. Overlap, whether scientific, budgetary or commitment of an individual’s effort greater than 100 percent, is not permitted.
- If the proposal has been previously submitted for funding to Animal Cancer Foundation, this must be indicated and revisions must be present.
- PIs who receive additional funding for the proposal submitted to ACF after the submission but prior to the announcement of the ACF award should notify ACF in writing as soon as possible.
- PIs who are grant award winners are REQUIRED to partake in the grant review process for a minimum two year period following the year in which the PI is awarded an ACF grant.
Submit Proposal AS A ZIP FILE PLEASE, to
Animal Cancer Foundation
Barbara Cohen, Executive Director
You will receive confirmation of receipt of submission by email