Crunchy Treats Recipe
Many thanks to Barking Mad Baking Company for developing this wonderful recipe! Visit barkingmadbakingcompany.com.
- 1 cup flour of your choosing (use Buckwheat flour for a gluten-free version)
- 1/4 cup whole flaxseed (optional)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (no added salt, sugar), or other flavor of your choice. Suggestions: pure pumpkin puree, sweet potato puree, banana.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly. Dough should be moist but not wet. Adjust by adding more flour or applesauce depending on the consistency.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to about 1/4” thick.
4. Using a cookie cutter dipped in flour, make cut outs and place on a parchment or silicone lined cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until they move freely from the cookie sheet and are lightly golden on the bottom.
6. OPTIONAL: If you’d like a crunchier treat, you can place them in the oven on low heat for a few hours.
7. Adjust baking time as needed. The longer they bake, the crunchier they get!